Saturday, October 27, 2012

#DashOfTheLivingDead in Downingtown

I am trying to get back into the habit of shooting regularly, and I have started to look for local events to shoot. Earlier last week, I found out about this event called the Dash of the Living Dead, which was a 5k where participants were encouraged to be made up/dressed up as zombies for a free Victory beer at the conclusion of the race. I was immediately intrigued. Some got really into it, others were just wearing normal running clothes. The route went through a park and the streets in the borough of Downingtown. They also have a pretty active facebook page here. It's definitely something I would shoot next year if I'm in the area around this time. A short while after the race was the Downingtown Halloween parade, which was short and sweet. Fun fact: my high school marching band was there, and the director is the same one I had when I was there. It's always funny to me to think that I was in the marching band for a year. It seems like it was so long ago. Enjoy these shots, and have a happy Halloween (and Frankenstorm)!


Someone handed this guy a beer as they cheered on the the rest of the runners at the final leg of the race. He had a few sips and sprinted to the finish line.









No comments:

Post a Comment