Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Faces and places of Rio


This is my Rio re-edit. Sometimes, I don't look back on photos for quite a long time, but with the World Cup just finishing up, it made me want to take a look back to my Rio trip from an international reporting class in 2012, my senior year of college. Rio, which was questionably ready for the World Cup, will take on The Olympics in 2016. I edited photos that I didn't even remember I had taken along the way because they weren't totally relevant to the stories we were producing for McClatchy & Penn State. I photographed stories about favela tourism and The Olympics tearing apart other favelas. Here are some photos from those stories that went unpublished, as well as a ton of photos I took for myself of the faces and places of Rio that I thought told a story about the city.






































































No comments:

Post a Comment